Connecticut Making Changes to Waivers.
The Connecticut Department of Developmental Services intends to submit two applications to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (“CMS”), each to be effective October 1, 2018:
(1) Amendment of the Medicaid Waiver for Individual and Family Support;
(2) Amendment of the Medicaid Waiver for Employment and Day Supports.
The following changes will be made:
(1) Increasing the individual cost cap for the Individual and Family Support waiver from $59,000 to $130,000;
(2) Increasing the individual cost cap for the Employment and Day Supports waiver from $28,000 to $58,000;
(3) Adding Blended Supports as a service under both waivers. Blended Supports provide waiver participants an opportunity to enhance their community-based skills;
(4) Adding Customized Employment as a service on both waivers. Customized Employment promotes integrated work opportunities in order to maximize the skills for waiver participants;
(5) Adding Transitional Supports as a service on both waivers. Transitional Supports provide waiver
participants an opportunity to develop skills and resources to enhance their opportunity for employment;
(6) Adding Training, Counseling and Support Services for Unpaid Caregivers as a service to the Employment and Day Supports Waiver. Training, Counseling and Support Services for Unpaid Caregivers provides unpaid caregivers an opportunity to access supports to provide the optimal care to their family members;
(7) Alignment of the Performance Measures across both waivers; and
(8) Technical and administrative clarifications requested by CMS.