Alabama DMH /Accounting Assistant I (6 AM – 2:30 PM Shift)
JOB TITLE: Accounting Assistant I (6 AM – 2:30 PM Shift)
OPEN DATE: 11/20/2023
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB LOCATION: Mary Starke Harper Geriatric Psychiatry Center Tuscaloosa, Alabama
JOB CODE: K1000
• Range 57 ($27,955.20 – $45,758.40 Annually).
• Salary will be commensurate with experience. Limitations apply to current State employees.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Continuous opportunities for acquiring CE’s needed for maintaining professional license.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• Graduation from a standard high school.
• 12 months or more of responsible clerical work experience.
KIND OF WORK
• Provides administrative support to the Nursing Services Department.
• Completes and maintain daily staffing sheets per each shift and ensures for accuracy.
• Completes, reviews, and maintains call-in slips to ensure proper distribution to department heads or supervisors.
• Maintains a list for voluntary and mandatory overtime and manages the overtime list to ensure safe staffing numbers.
• Assumes responsibility for the Staffing Coordinator in his/her absence. Available flexible hours as needed to assist with the daily operations of the staffing office.
• Answers telephone, accurately records information and forwards to the appropriate MHW Supervisor or RN Supervisor.
• Coordinates patient’s transportation to and from appointments, DCH, discharges, and trial visits.
• Maintains an inventory of all keys kept in the staffing office and ensures all keys are accounted for at the end of each shift.
• Organizes and maintains retention files (i.e. patient accountability forms, 24-hour report sheets, daily run-around, monthly work schedules, etc.).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of computer programs, various software, and general office equipment.
• Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to be courteous and professional with patients, employees, and the general public.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Ability to prepare, create, and disseminate data.
• Ability to multi-task functions.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.