Alabama DMH / Accounting Assistant II
JOB TITLE: Accounting Assistant II
OPEN DATE: 08/25/2023
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB LOCATION: Mary Starke Harper Geriatric Psychiatry Center, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
JOB CODE: K2000
• Range 67 ($34,927.20 – $58,404.00 Annually).
▪ This amount reflects the cost-of-living adjustment effective 09/01/2023.
• Salary will be commensurate with experience. Limitations apply to current State employees.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Continuous opportunities for acquiring CE’s needed for maintaining professional license.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• Graduation from a standard senior high school.
• 24 months or more responsible clerical accounting experience.
KIND OF WORK
• Creates and maintains fiscal records.
• Receives and disseminates various reports and printouts.
• Maintains requisitions and verifies codes.
• Corresponds with various vendors.
• Receives and sorts mail.
• Reconciles purchase requisitions and purchase orders.
• Copies and reproduces contracts and files.
• Maintains invoices.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of accounting principles.
• Knowledge of billing practices and generating payment vouchers.
• Knowledge of computer programs and various software.
• Ability to operate general office equipment.
• Ability to reconcile purchase requisitions.
• Ability to prepare, create, and disseminate data.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
• Ability to multi-task functions.
• Ability to make arithmetic calculations with reasonable speed and accuracy.
• Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities of others.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.