Alabama DMH / Administrator II
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – REVISED ANNOUNCEMENT
JOB TITLE: Administrator II
OPEN DATE: 8/11/2023
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB LOCATION: Bryce Hospital Tuscaloosa, Alabama
JOB CODE: A1500
• Range 74 ($43,788.00 – $73,209.60)
• Salary will be commensurate with experience. Limitations apply to current State employees.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Continuous opportunities for acquiring CEU’s needed for maintaining professional license.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, a human services field, or a related field.
• 24 months or more in the mental health or public health field.
Human services field includes the following disciplines: Social Work, Psychology, Criminal/Juvenile Justice, Special Education, Sociology, Speech Education, Rehabilitation, Counseling, Speech Pathology, Audiology, Nursing, Physical or Occupational Therapy, and any related academic disciplines associated with the study of Human Behavior, Human Skill Development, or Basic Human Care Needs
KIND OF WORK
• Completes investigations in accordance with the ADMH Incident Management Plan.
• Prepares and presents to the Incident Review Panel complete and thorough investigative reports.
• Conducts investigation from a clinical perspective and provides the treatment team with recommendations.
• Provides weekly status reports for all assigned open investigations.
• Facilitates New Employee Orientation training regarding Safety procedures in the absence of the Safety Director.
• Facilitates Incident Review Panel and completes/submits meeting minutes in the absence of the Risk Manager.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work activities.
• Ability to read and comprehend documents.
• Ability to be objective and fair in all situations.
• Ability to interact with other staff and patients in a courteous and professional manner.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to analyze situations and exercise good judgment.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.