Alabama DMH / Certified Peer Specialist II (Youth Coordinator)
JOB TITLE: Certified Peer Specialist II (Youth Coordinator)
OPEN DATE: 11/18/2022
CLOSE DATE: 12/16/2022
JOB LOCATION: Department of Mental Health RSA Union Building 100 North Union Street Montgomery, AL 36104
JOB CODE: R1600
• Range 70 ($36,876.00 – $61,660.80 Annually).
• Salary will be commensurate with experience. Limitations apply to current State employees.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 24 months or more paid work experience.
• Must have personally experienced a serious emotional disturbance and/or mental illness prior to turning 21 years old, and be in recovery and willing to self-identify as a person with a serious emotional disturbance and/or mental illness in public.
• Must possess current certification by having successfully completed the Certified Peer Specialist Training through the Department of Mental Health. Applicants who are selected for appointment without certification will be appointed conditionally. To maintain employment, they must obtain certification within six months of the initial employment date. Conditional appointments will be ended when and employee fails to successfully pass the exam and obtain certification within that time period.
• Whether certified and appointed or not certified and conditionally appointed, employees in this class must attend quarterly continuing education trainings and must maintain current certification once obtained.
KIND OF WORK
• Assists the Director in developing, monitoring, and processing the office budget, contracts, and invoices related to youth peers as evidenced by timely processing of budgets, contracts, and invoices.
• Aids in the planning, organizing, and implementation of various conferences, meetings, and workgroups that provide youth consumers with educational opportunities and opportunities for input into the activities of the Department of Mental Health.
• Assists the Director in coordinating the Alabama Certified Peer Specialist-Youth Trainings and participate during the trainings as part of the state training team.
• Plays lead role for the Department and Office of Peer Programs in working with contractors and subject matter experts in creating, monitoring, evaluating, editing, and approving requirements within the EPSDT Settlement Agreement related to youth peers.
• Participates in coordinating and/or leading various meetings, youth peer support groups, conference calls, and video conferences.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of the Mental Health Delivery System in Alabama.
• Knowledge of consumer issues and recovery.
• Knowledge of community resources and support systems.
• Knowledge of budgets, contracts, and accounting.
• Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work activities.
• Ability to work effectively with a variety of clinicians, advocates, family members, and consumers.
• Ability to model behaviors that support recovery.
• Ability to connect with youth receiving services in the children’s mental health system.
• Ability to operate a personal computer and working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Ability to coordinate and facilitate meetings.
• Ability to make presentations and provide trainings.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.