Alabama DMH / Communications Officer
JOB TITLE: Communications Officer
OPEN DATE: 07/08/2022
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB LOCATION: Taylor Hardin Secure Medical Facility Tuscaloosa, Alabama
JOB CODE: S8500
• Range 62 ($29,061.60 – $48,760.80 Annually)
• Salary will be commensurate with experience and State of Alabama Personnel guidelines.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Continuous opportunities for acquiring CE’s needed for maintaining professional license.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• Graduation from a standard high school.
• 12 months or more experience in the operation of a law enforcement radio and telephone switchboard preferred.
KIND OF WORK
• Answer all incoming calls and connect to appropriate extension.
• Receive radio messages from police officers and take appropriate actions.
• Monitor the fire alarm and security systems.
• Serve as receptionist for the facility.
• Issue passes to visitors.
• Maintain work area in good order.
• Operate control room to include the monitors, NCIC computer, etc.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge and use of proper English and grammar.
• Ability to operate a telephone switchboard and radio system under heavy traffic.
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Ability to firmly, but tactfully, deal with patients, staff, and the public.
• Ability to remain alert, act quickly, and use good judgement in emergencies.
• Ability to work shift hours and weekends as assigned.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.