Alabama DMH / Community Services Specialist IV (Behavioral & Psychological Evaluator)
JOB TITLE: Community Services Specialist IV (Behavioral & Psychological Evaluator)
OPEN DATE: 2/17/2023
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB LOCATION: Department of Mental Health Region II Community Services 1305 James I. Harrison Jr. Parkway Tuscaloosa, AL 35403
JOB CODE: T4000
• Range 78 ($53,224.80 – $89,479.20 Annually).
• Salary will be commensurate with experience. Limitations apply to current State employees.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• Master’s degree, or higher, in Psychology with coursework in the administration of psychological testing.
• 72 months or more experience in a human services field, including…
• 24 months or more experience in a supervisory or administrative capacity.
• Note: Applicants certified or licensed to administer psychometric tests to persons having or appearing to have intellectual and/or developmental disabilities may qualify with a Master’s degree in Social Work or a human services field with the required experience outlined above.
• Preference will be given to applicants with experience working specifically with persons with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities in a community setting.
Human Service field includes the following disciplines: Social Work, Psychology, Criminal/ Juvenile Justice, Special Education, Sociology, Speech Education, Rehabilitation, Counseling, Speech Pathology, Audiology, Nursing, Physical or Occupational Therapy, and any related academic disciplines associated with the study of Human Behavior, Human Skill Development, or Basic Human Care Needs.
KIND OF WORK
• Serves as the Behavioral & Psychological Evaluator.
• Provides psychometric and psychological testing to individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (I/DD).
• Reviews behavior support plans related to requests for special staffing.
• Prepares documents, reports, and statistical data for HCBS and regulatory compliance.
• Provides audits of provider compliance with the PCP, POC, and IRBI, and reports results to the Community Service Director (CSD).
• Oversees the eligibility determination process through direct supervision of the Waiting List Coordinator.
• Performs the role of CSD during their absence.
• Performs work under the general supervision of the CSD and is reviewed for program effectiveness.
• The employee in this position may perform other special projects and assignments as required by the CSD or designee.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of Psychological Testing, Assessments, and Psychometric Tests.
• Knowledge of community service agencies in relation to people with I/DD.
• Knowledge of clinical dynamics of persons with I/DD.
• Knowledge of state, local, and federal funding sources and regulations.
• Knowledge and ability to analyze data and develop plans for program development.
• Ability to conduct Psychological/Psychometric Tests.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with individuals, families, agency representatives, and the public.
• Ability to provide guidance and support to individuals, families, and community providers.
• Ability to effectively intervene in crisis situations.
• Ability to provide training and technical assistance.
• Ability to effectively supervise professionals and coordinate with community providers.
• Ability to understand and interpret appropriate standards, policies, and regulations.
• Ability to organize, plan and implement work in an independent manner, with intermittent general or administrative supervision.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.