Alabama DMH / Facility Director I(Geriatric Psychiatry Facility Administrator)
JOB TITLE: Facility Director I (Geriatric Psychiatry Facility Administrator)
OPEN DATE: 2/17/2023
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB LOCATION: Mary Starke Harper Geriatric Psychiatry Center, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
JOB CODE: A4500
• Range 86 ($89,479.20 – $150,420.00 Annually).
• Salary will be commensurate with experience. Limitations apply to current State employees.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• Master’s degree in the social or behavioral sciences, Business Administration, Public Administration, Hospital Administration, nursing, or a closely related field.
• 72 months or more experience providing operational oversight and management of multiple behavioral health services or programs.
• Preference will be given to individuals who have administrative experience in a hospital or similar setting.
• Preference will be given to individuals with experience in geriatric mental health services.
• Must meet all requirements promulgated by the Joint Commission on Accreditation
• of Health Care Organizations and/or CMS (Center for Medicare/Medicaid Services).
KIND OF WORK
• Plans, coordinates, and directs services and programs at a state geriatric psychiatric facility.
• Provides leadership and supervision for the facility by planning and directing the work of professional and administrative employees engaged in the management and operation of the facility.
• Establishes and fosters a collaborative and effective workplace culture that conforms with the mission and vision of Mary Starke Harper Center and the ADMH.
• Develops overall plans, policies, and procedures for the management and operation of the facility.
• Implements decisions as they apply to services and programs for the patients of the facility.
• Directs and coordinates facility planning to encompass the identification of needs on a long- and short-term basis.
• Supervises the administration of the facility budget.
• Serves as an appointing authority for the facility.
• Serves as a liaison between the facility and the community-based program providers.
• Attends and represents the facility at hearings, conferences, and official meetings.
• Consults with various other officials concerning policies, rules, regulations, and laws when needed.
• Strives to maintain effective working relationships with leadership staff at the facility’s sister hospitals as well as directors of various units working in the Central Office.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of administration and managerial aspects of mental health service delivery and hospital operation.
• Knowledge of principles, methods, and techniques related to the treatment of the mentally ill.
• Knowledge of recent developments in the field of mental health.
• Knowledge of The Joint Commission and Center for Medicare/Medicaid Services requirements applicable to psychiatric hospitals.
• Knowledge of hospital management, principles, and practices.
• Knowledge of quality improvement requirements.
• Knowledge of program planning, implementation, and evaluation techniques.
• Ability to plan for budgetary needs.
• Ability to analyze and interpret contract grants, programs, and financial reports.
• Ability to direct the work of professional and administrative employees.
• Ability to develop programs and services resulting in a seamless transition from inpatient to community care.
• Ability to re-orient clinical services to best practice and recovery-based person-centered treatment models.
• Ability to create innovative treatment approaches for people with serious and persistent mental illnesses.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, associates, and representatives of other departmental and governmental agencies.
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
• Ability to react quickly and calmly in emergency situations.
• Ability to delegate administrative and professional assignments to subordinates and evaluate their work.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.