Alabama DMH / Fiscal Manager VI (Chief Financial Officer)
JOB TITLE: Fiscal Manager VI (Chief Financial Officer)
OPEN DATE: 10/14/2022
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB LOCATION: Department of Mental Health RSA Union Building 100 North Union Street Montgomery, AL 36130-1410
JOB CODE: K7000
• Range 86 ($89,479.20 – $150,420.00 Annually).
• Salary will be commensurate with experience. Limitations apply to current State employees.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration, preferably supplemented by a professional certification such as CPA or CGFM.
• 96 months or more experience performing professional-level accounting work with progressing levels of responsibility including…
• 72 months or more of broad supervisory experience preferably in a government setting.
• Current permanent status as a Fiscal Manager III, Fiscal Manager IV, or Fiscal Manager V with the ADMH Exempt System along with the qualifications indicated above, including…
• 72 months or more of broad supervisory experience.
• Current permanent status as an Accounting Manager, Audit Manager, Accounting Director I, or Accounting Director II with the State Merit System performing duties as indicated above, including…
• 72 months or more of broad supervisory experience.
KIND OF WORK
• Serves as the ADMH Chief Financial Officer, ensuring accurate financial information is available for executive decision-making.
• Keeps the Commissioner, Associate Commissioners, and senior staff informed of deadlines, and advises on the maintenance of appropriate funding levels.
• Analyzes, directs, and monitors the department’s appropriations, actual revenues and expenditures, budgeted revenues and expenditures, and indirect cost allocations.
• Provides leadership, direction, and management of the finance accounting bureau by setting bureau deadlines.
• Develops and recommends policies and procedures for financial systems to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and policies on fiscal management.
• Supervises the work of bureau staff, including the Assistant CFO, Budget, Accounting Operations, Payroll, Contracts and Grants, Accounts Payable, and Purchasing.
• Sets bureau standards by driving accountability and ensuring that bureau staff receives appropriate training and development.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Extensive knowledge of accounting principles and business management.
• Knowledge of strategic planning, financial management, and operations management.
• Knowledge of the legal implications of business transactions, particularly as they relate to accounting and financial reporting.
• Ability to assess risk and mobilize resources in the development, recommendation, and communication of policies and procedures.
• Ability to drive accountability and create an environment of teamwork in meeting deadlines and developing standard operating procedures.
• Ability to operate STAARS or equivalent accounting software to manage transactions, create budgets, and perform research.
• Ability to build relationships and collaborate effectively with agency staff and external partners to meet agency goals and deadlines.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office and other computer software systems to organize and manage data.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to provide leadership in the supervision and coordination of activities among a large office and staff.
• Ability to develop staff at varying career levels in maintaining continuity and succession planning.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.