Alabama DMH / LPN I (Medical Clinic) (8:00a-4:30p)
JOB TITLE: LPN I (Medical Clinic) (8:00a-4:30p)
OPEN DATE: 03/10/2023
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB LOCATION: Bryce Hospital Tuscaloosa, Alabama
JOB CODE: N1000
• Minimum Starting Salary: $41,036.00
Includes Minimum Base Pay of $36,876.00 with additional $2.00 per hour MH Direct Care Premium Pay.
• Minimum Salary will be commensurate with experience. Limitations apply to current State employees.
• $2.00 per hour Alternate Shift Pay for Evening & Night Work.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Continuous opportunities for acquiring CEU’s needed for maintaining professional license.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• Standard High School graduation and graduation from a state-approved school of practical nurse education.
• Possession of a certificate of registration as a Practical Nurse issued by the Alabama Board of Nursing.
KIND OF WORK
• Assists physicians with examinations and/or procedures.
• Organizes and coordinates special clinics for patients.
• Provides nursing care for adult patients in emergency situations.
• Assists with labs and employee health activities.
• Orders supplies, stocks, and cleans examination and supply rooms and refrigerators.
• Monitors clinic emergency cart and medical equipment.
• Attends mandatory in-services and maintain CEU’s for licensure.
• Maintain a therapeutic environment.
• Compiles packet of patient’s historical assessments, diagnostics, and medications for outpatient appointments.
• Performs nursing assessments.
• Ensures compliance with hospital standards.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge, skills, and ability to recognize medical and psychiatric emergencies.
• Knowledge of normal vital signs and body functions.
• Knowledge of restraint techniques.
• Knowledge of prescribed medication types.
• Knowledge of facility equipment/medical supplies.
• Knowledge of isolation techniques.
• Knowledge of first-aid techniques.
• Knowledge of specimen types.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
• Ability to read and comprehend documents.
• Ability to organize job tasks.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.