Alabama DMH / Mental Health LPN I (Health Information Management)
JOB TITLE: Mental Health LPN I (Health Information Management)
OPEN DATE: 10/06/2023
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB LOCATION: Mary Starke Harper Geriatric Psychiatry Center Tuscaloosa, Alabama
JOB CODE: N1000
• Range 64 ($32,416.80 – $54,290.40 Annually).
• Salary will be commensurate with experience. Limitations apply to current state employees.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Continuous opportunities for acquiring CE’s needed for maintaining professional license.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• Standard High School graduation and graduation from a state-approved school of practical nurse education.
• Possession of a certificate of registration as a Practical Nurse issued by the Alabama Board of Nursing.
KIND OF WORK
• Responsible for monitoring, assessing, and reviewing geriatric patients’ cases for admission.
• Responsible for reviewing records for timeliness and completeness of documentation in geriatric patients’ hospital records in accordance with JCAHO and other accrediting agencies.
• Conducts medical record reviews for the purpose of certification for admission/continued stay of geriatric patients, in accordance with established guidelines.
• Conducts clinical pertinence reviews of patient’s medical records for timeliness of documentation of clinical services based on established indicators to maintain compliance with regulating agencies.
• Makes case referrals for geriatric patients per established UR Plan guidelines, working with attending physicians and external reviews as needed.
• Maintains schedules and information systems which assure timely reviews of geriatric patients’ certification for admission/continued stay, so that established time intervals are met.
• Compiles and processes UR and medical record documentation data on geriatric patients.
• Develops record analysis and reports to hospital committees.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Ability to maintain accurate records and follow through with responsibilities and assignments independently.
• Knowledge and ability to review clinical documentation and make appropriate decisions regarding the appropriateness of documentation.
• Ability to assess the medical necessity of admission of geriatric patients, treatment, and their continued stay.
• Knowledge of and ability to apply established UR and Medical Records documentation standards and practices.
• Knowledge of appropriate criteria for measuring quality of care as it relates to applicable compliance standards (Medicare, Medicaid, TJC, etc.).
• Ability to identify problem areas and effectively resolve them.
• Ability to communicate and resolve issues effectively and appropriately with hospital employees.
• Ability to provide detailed assessment of patient documentation.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.