Alabama DMH / Mental Health LPN II (7 AM to 3 PM Shift)
JOB TITLE: Mental Health LPN II (7 AM to 3 PM Shift)
OPEN DATE: 07/14/2023
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB LOCATION: Mary Starke Harper Geriatric Psychiatry Center, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
JOB CODE: N1400
• Minimum Starting Salary: $44,825.60.
Includes Minimum Base Pay of $40,665.60 with an additional $2.00 per hour MH Direct Care Premium Pay.
• Salary will be commensurate with experience. Limitations apply to current State employees.
• $2.00 Per Hour Shift Differential for Evening & Night Work
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Continuous opportunities for acquiring CE’s needed for maintaining professional license.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• Standard High School graduation and graduation from a state-approved school of practical nurse education.
• 24 months or more experience as a licensed practical nurse.
• Possession of a certificate of registration as a Practical Nurse issued by the Alabama Board of Nursing.
KIND OF WORK
• Collaborates with the RN to identify patients at risk for becoming medically compromised.
• Prepares and administers medications/treatments as prescribed.
• Assists the RN with supervising and monitoring personnel in the delivery of patient care.
• Assures that patient care assignments are completed when admitting and discharging patients.
• Functions as liaison between nursing services, occupational therapy, and physical therapy.
• Attends treatment planning conferences, special fall meetings, shift reports, and called meetings.
• Assesses and monitors the status of patients with decubitus, falls, and patients with adaptive equipment and reports findings.
• Attends mandatory in-services and maintains CEU’s for licensure.
• Orders, tracks, and maintains adaptive/assistive and preventative equipment.
• Collaborates with RN in implementing LPN orientation and training.
• Flexes work schedule to provide orientation, education, and training when scheduled.
• Accurately collects and submits PI data.
• Ensures compliance with hospital standards.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of normal vital signs and body functions.
• Knowledge of prescribed medication types.
• Knowledge of facility equipment/medical supplies.
• Knowledge of isolation techniques.
• Knowledge of first-aid techniques.
• Knowledge of specimen types.
• Knowledge of restraint techniques.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
• Ability to read and comprehend documents.
• Ability to supervise subordinates.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.