Alabama DMH / Mental Health LPN II
JOB TITLE: Mental Health LPN II
OPEN DATE: 08/04/2023
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB LOCATION: Taylor Hardin Secure Medical Facility Tuscaloosa, Alabama
JOB CODE: N1400
• Minimum Starting Salary: $44,825.60
Includes Minimum Base Pay of $40,665.60 with an additional $2.00 per hour MH Direct Care Premium Pay.
• Salary will be commensurate with experience. Limitations apply to current State employees.
• $2.00 per hour Alternate Shift Pay for Evening & Night Work.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Continuous opportunities for acquiring CEU’s needed for maintaining professional license.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• Graduation from a standard senior high school, and graduation from a state approved school of practical nurse education.
• 24 months or more as a licensed practical nurse.
• Possession of a certificate of registration to practice nursing as issued by the Alabama Board of Nursing.
KIND OF WORK
• Prepares and administers patient medications and treatments as prescribed.
• Evaluates the patient’s condition prior to and after administering PRN medications.
• Provides direct care to patients in accordance with patient’s plan of care.
• Accepts, transcribes, and clarifies physician’s orders.
• Completes applicable forms.
• Monitors patients for change in status.
• Attends and successfully completes in-service training.
• Documents appropriate information in the patient’s record.
• Instructs patients concerning patient medications, treatments, adaptive medical use, and general discharge plan care.
• Maintains clean and orderly medication/treatment rooms and carts, properly disposes of expired medications, checks equipment availability/functioning, maintains appropriate stock levels of supplies, disposes of medical waste, and adheres to universal precaution guidelines.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of prescribed medication types.
• Knowledge of restraint techniques.
• Knowledge of facility equipment/medical supplies.
• Knowledge of normal vital signs and body functions.
• Knowledge of normal first-aid techniques.
• Knowledge of isolation techniques.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
• Ability to organize job tasks.
• Ability to read and comprehend documents.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.