Alabama DMH / Mental Health Security Officer II
JOB TITLE: Mental Health Security Officer II
OPEN DATE: 8/18/2023
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB LOCATION: Bryce Hospital Tuscaloosa, Alabama
JOB CODE: S3000
• Range 71 ($38,541.60 – $64,437.60 Annually).
▪ This amount reflects the cost-of-living increase effective 09/01/2023.
• Salary will be commensurate with experience. Limitations apply to current State employees.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Continuous opportunities for acquiring CEU’s needed for maintaining professional license.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• High school diploma or GED equivalency.
• 12 months or more recent experience of a responsible nature in police or security work.
• Must be certified as a law enforcement officer by the Alabama Peace Officer Standards and Training (APOST) Commission and current with all required training and education required by APOST.
• Must pass a physical agility exam as set by the department.
• Must be 21 years of age with high personal and moral standards and must have a clean police and work record.
• Possession of a valid Alabama Driver’s License required.
KIND OF WORK
• Supervises and trains Bryce Hospital Police Department personnel and facility staff as required.
• Performs daily safety rounds of the Facility per shift.
• Maintains a yearly schedule for officers and dispatchers.
• Completes ADMH and Bryce Hospital documents and forms (e.g., incident, accident, preliminary, elopement reports, traffic citations, and Dispatcher’s log).
• Searches for lost/eloped patients and assisting staff with unit disturbances.
• Searches and monitors new admissions.
• Conducts interviews of patients, staff, visitors, and others as required for investigations and as instructed by the supervisor.
• Inspects police equipment as required.
• Notifies key facility staff of serious incidents and accidents.
• Transports and escorts patients, visitors, and staff as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Ability to sustain attention required for video surveillance for long periods of time.
• Ability to deal tactfully with the public and to react calmly and efficiently in the event of an emergency.
• Ability to be objective and fair in all situations.
• Ability to deal with patients, employees, and others with respect to their rights.
• Ability to work with all age groups.
• Ability to be available in times of emergencies or other important matters concerning the hospital and ability to be contacted (phone number, etc.).
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to write accurate and legible reports.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.