Alabama DMH / Mental Health Social Worker II
JOB TITLE: Mental Health Social Worker II
OPEN DATE: 10/06/2023
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB LOCATION: Mary Starke Harper Geriatric Psychiatry Center Tuscaloosa, Alabama
JOB CODE: W2000
• Range 73 ($42,501.60 – $71,083.20 Annually).
• Salary will be commensurate with experience. Limitations apply to current state employees.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Continuous opportunities for acquiring CE’s needed for maintaining professional license.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• Master’s degree in Social Work from a program approved by the Council on Social Work Education.
• Must have or be eligible for licensure as a graduate social worker as issued by the Alabama Board of Social Work.
• Eligible employees must obtain licensure within one year of the appointment date in order to maintain employment.
KIND OF WORK
• Responsible for providing social services, such as crisis interventions and social work interventions including group and individual therapy, to a caseload of patients in a state mental health facility.
• Gathers data for the social history and the psychosocial assessment for treatment planning.
• Coordinates treatment team activities.
• Attends or participates in treatment planning conferences with interdisciplinary treatment teams in the development and implementation of the treatment plan.
• Writes timely and accurate progress notes, summaries, and other reports.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Ability to effectively communicate in writing.
• Ability to read and comprehend documents such as social histories, psychological assessments, data, court orders, etc.
• Ability to effectively convey and express ideas.
• Ability to make clinical assessments.
• Knowledge of social work.
• Ability to exercise good judgment in rendering decisions.
• Knowledge of mental and psychological disorders.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.