Alabama DMH / Mental Health Social Worker II
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – REANNOUNCEMENT
JOB TITLE: Mental Health Social Worker II
OPEN DATE: 10/21/2022
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB LOCATION: Taylor Hardin Secure Medical Facility Tuscaloosa, Alabama
JOB CODE: W2000
• Range 73 ($41,668.80 – $69,688.80 Annually).
• Salary will be commensurate with experience. Limitations apply to current State employees.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Continuous opportunities for acquiring CEU’s needed for maintaining professional license.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• Master’s degree in Social Work from a program approved by the Council on Social Work Education.
• Must have or be eligible for licensure as graduate social worker as issued by the Alabama Board of Social Work.
• Eligible employees must obtain licensure within one year of appointment date in order to maintain employment.
KIND OF WORK
• Perform psychosocial assessments/social histories for hospitalized seriously and chronically, mentally ill adults.
• Contribute to the development, revision, and monitoring of individualized treatment plans for hospitalized seriously, mentally ill adult patients.
• Develop thorough post-hospitalization and aftercare plans including exploration of the best possible placement.
• Conduct therapeutic group and individual therapy sessions with mentally ill adults and provides casework in accordance with established guidelines and appropriate protocol.
• Provide direct treatment and social work services for seriously and chronically, mentally ill adults.
• Communicate with CMHC staff on seriously and chronically, mentally ill adults to provide continuity of care.
• Write timely and accurate progress notes.
• Coordinate treatment team activities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of clinical and crisis interventions.
• Knowledge of the Joint Commission and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Standards.
• Ability to read and comprehend documents such as social history, psychological assessments, data, court orders, etc.
• Ability to make clinical assessments.
• Ability to interact professionally with patients, families, and other individuals.
• Ability to keep accurate records and prepare reports.
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.