Alabama DMH / Mental Health Specialist II (Prevention Associate)
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – REANNOUNCEMENT
JOB TITLE: Mental Health Specialist II (Prevention Associate)
OPEN DATE: 1/6/2023
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB LOCATION: Department of Mental Health, RSA Union Building 100 North Union Street, Montgomery, Alabama 36130-1410
JOB CODE: A6000
• Range 74 ($43,788.00 – $73,209.60 Annually).
• Salary will be commensurate with experience. Limitations apply to current State employees.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• Master’s degree in a human services field.
• 24 months or more experience in facilitating, planning, and monitoring of community substance use provision work initiatives in either a community or mental health setting.
• Bachelor’s degree in a human services field.
• 48 months experience as indicated above.
Human services field includes the following disciplines: Social Work, Psychology, Criminal/Juvenile Justice, Special Education, Sociology, Speech Education, Rehabilitation, Counseling, Speech Pathology, Audiology, Nursing, Physical or Occupational Therapy, and any related academic disciplines associated with the study of Human Behavior, Human Skill Development, or Basic Human Care Needs.
KIND OF WORK
• Coordinates and collaborates with community partners and providers.
• Assists with statistical analysis and obtains updated data in epidemiology profiles.
• Facilitates, plans, and monitors community substance use service provision work initiatives within the State of Alabama to fulfill the responsibilities of the Division of Mental Health and Substance Abuse (MHSA), Office of Prevention deliverables.
• Assists with implementation of Office of Prevention’s goals and deliverables.
• Provides administrative support to Prevention Services.
• Assists with workforce development.
• Performs prevention provider agency certification site visits.
• Prepares reports of findings from certification reviews.
• Provides technical assistance to providers.
• Assists with strategic planning.
• Performs prevention provider agency monitoring visits.
• Performs administrative review of prevention plans and provider budgets.
• Reviews and provides proper follow-up on all applications for program certification and provider action plans.
• Maintains effective communication with provider agencies on behalf of MHSA regarding certification issues.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of evidence-based principles and practices relative to substance use prevention services.
• Knowledge of strategies needed to create an effective, statewide, coordinated risk and protective approach to substance use prevention.
• Knowledge of SAMHSA’s SPF guidelines.
• Knowledge of federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and procedures.
• Knowledge of confidentiality, privacy, and other client rights issues.
• Ability to express ideas clearly and in a concise manner, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to plan, organize, and monitor work activities to achieve established goals.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to develop short-and long-range plans and objectives.
• Ability to provide effective training and technical assistance.
• Ability to utilize personal computer, internet resources, and software programs.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with ADMH staff, community providers, coalitions, stakeholders, and the general public.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.