Alabama DMH / Mental Health Specialist II
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY- CONDITIONAL
JOB TITLE: Mental Health Specialist II
OPEN DATE: 11/10/2022
CLOSE DATE: 12/9/2022
JOB LOCATION: Department of Mental Health RSA Union Building 100 North Union Street Montgomery, Alabama 36130-1410
JOB CODE: A6000
• Range 74 ($43,788.00 – $73,209.60 Annually).
• Salary will be commensurate with experience. Limitations apply to current State employees.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• Master’s degree in a human service field.
• 24 months or more in facilitating, planning, and monitoring community substance abuse service provision work initiatives in either a community or mental health setting.
• Bachelor’s degree in a human service field.
• 48 months or more in facilitating, planning, and monitoring community substance abuse service provision work initiatives in either a community or mental health setting.
Human services field includes the following disciplines: Social Work, Psychology, Criminal/Juvenile Justice, Special Education, Sociology, Speech Education, Rehabilitation, Counseling, Speech Pathology, Audiology, Nursing, Physical or Occupational Therapy, and any related academic disciplines associated with the study of Human Behavior, Human Skill Development, or Basic Human Care Needs.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENT
• Must have a valid driver’s license to operate a vehicle in the State of Alabama.
KIND OF WORK
• This is a conditional appointment position funded by grant monies for a period of at least three (3) years. Employment may be continued based on availability of funding.
• Conducts monitoring and compliance visits to identified high need areas to ensure fidelity.
• Provides facilitation, planning, and monitoring community substance use service provision work initiatives within the State of Alabama to fulfill the Strategic Prevention Framework Prescription Drug (SPF Rx).
• Identifies high need areas to ensure contract fidelity.
• Develops and implements training and technical assistance to awarded identified high need areas and their stakeholders.
• Provides guidance to ensure maintenance of strategic planning efforts.
• Assures SPF Rx awarded areas fully understand the responsibilities of the grant award as set forth by ADMH.
• Recommends corrective action or change of scope as assessment, planning, capacity, implementation, or evaluation warrants.
• Serves as key point of contact for awarded high needs.
• Coordinates activities associated with program operation for community mobilization efforts for evidence-based practices and environmental strategies.
• Coordinates and provides logistical support for training workshops for the target youth, adult, and professional populations.
• Assists communities with paid and volunteer staff associated with the implementation process.
• Identifies, assists, and informs the Project Coordinator/Director on the development of coalition’s ability to work on internal and external issues that affect the organization.
• Works in conjunction with SPF Rx communities to coordinate activities.
• Contributes to effective teamwork between the Community Sub recipient, Project Coordinator, Community, and Funding Source.
• Assists with organizing, planning, and development efforts on behalf of the sub recipient as appropriate.
• Participates in training workshops as outlined by fiscal agent and funding source.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of evidence-based principles and practices relative to substance use prevention services.
• Knowledge of SAMHSA’s strategic prevention framework and its application to Alabama’s prevention services system.
• Knowledge of strategies needed to create an effective, statewide, coordinated risk and protective approach to substance use prevention.
• Knowledge of SAMHSA’s SPF guidelines.
• Knowledge of federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and procedures.
• Knowledge of confidentiality, privacy, and other client rights issues.
• Ability to express ideas clearly and in a concise manner, electronically, orally and in writing.
• Ability to plan, organize, and monitor work activities to achieve established goals.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to develop short- and long-range plans and objectives.
• Ability to provide effective training and technical assistance.
• Ability to utilize personal computer, internet resources and software programs.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Alabama Department of Mental Health staff, community providers, coalitions, stakeholders, and the public.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.