Alabama DMH / Mental Health Specialist III (Autism Spectrum Disorder Regional Autism Coordinator)
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY- REANNOUNCEMENT
JOB TITLE: Mental Health Specialist III (Autism Spectrum Disorder Regional Autism Coordinator)
OPEN DATE: 10/28/2022
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB LOCATION: Autism Services Region IV RSA Union Building Montgomery, Alabama 36130
JOB CODE: A6500
• Range 78 ($53,224.80 – $89,479.20 Annually).
• Salary will be commensurate with experience. Limitations apply to current State Employees.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• Master’s degree in a human services field.
• 48 months or more experience in the provision of services for individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities (ID/D), including services for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
• 24 months current permanent status as a Mental Health Specialist II with experience as indicated above.
Human services field includes the following disciplines: Social Work, Psychology, Criminal/Juvenile Justice, Special Education, Sociology, Speech Education, Rehabilitation, Counseling, Speech Pathology, Audiology, Nursing, Physical or Occupational Therapy, and any related academic disciplines associated with the study of Human Behavior, Human Skill Development, or Basic Human Care Needs.
• Must have a valid driver’s license to operate a vehicle in the State of Alabama.
KIND OF WORK
• Provides supervision of In-Home Care Coordination services for children and youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or Co-Occurring ASD within the Region IV catchment area.
• Acts as a point of contact for providers within the region for technical assistance and recruitment of participants (both providers and clients).
• Maintains contact with regional providers to ensure coordination of services with Intensive Care Coordinators.
• Contributes to the development and enforcement of rules and regulations related to Autism Services.
• Contributes to development and maintenance of Autism Services.
• Conducts re-eligibility determinations.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of community service agencies in relation to persons with intellectual disabilities.
• Knowledge of child/youth development and best practices in the field of ID/D, to include ASD.
• Knowledge and understanding of ID/D and ASD issues across the lifespan of the individual.
• Knowledge of state government and non-governmental agencies that provide services to individuals with ID/D, to include ASD.
• Knowledge and understanding of state and federal rules, regulations, and initiatives regarding individuals with ID/D, to include ASD.
• Knowledge of screening tools, diagnosis, and treatment related to child/youth with ID/D, to include ASD.
• Knowledge of public and private insurance.
• Knowledge of grant management.
• Skilled in the use of a personal computer and Microsoft Office software.
• Ability to effectively collaborate, negotiate, and resolve conflict with stakeholders.
• Ability to interact with consumers and families and advocate for their needs.
• Ability to express ideas clearly, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to maintain accurate records and develop reports.
• Ability to work a flexible work schedule to include nights and/or weekends as needed.
• Ability to supervise the work of others.
• Ability to travel with some regularity.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.