Alabama DMH / Mental Health Specialist III (CCBHC Project Manager)
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY-REANNOUNCEMENT CONDITIONAL
JOB TITLE: Mental Health Specialist III (CCBHC Project Manager)
OPEN DATE: 8/4/2023
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB LOCATION: Department of Mental Health RSA Union Building, 100 North Union Street Montgomery, AL 36104
JOB CODE: A6500
• Range 78 ($53,224.80 – $89,479.20 Annually).
• Salary will be commensurate with experience. Limitations apply to current State employees.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• Master’s degree in a human services field.
• 48 months or more experience in the field of provision and monitoring of mental health and substance use services.
• 24 months current permanent status as a Mental Health Specialist II performing duties as indicated above.
Human services field includes the following disciplines: Social Work, Psychology, Criminal/Juvenile Justice, Special Education, Sociology, Speech Education, Rehabilitation, Counseling, Speech Pathology, Audiology, Nursing, Physical or Occupational Therapy, and any related academic disciplines associated with the study of Human Behavior, Human Skill Development, or Basic Human Care Needs.
KIND OF WORK
• This is a conditional appointment position funded by grant monies until March 30, 2024. Employment may be continued based on the availability of funding.
• Provides daily oversight and hands-on program management of all Alabama Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) planning grant implementation activities.
• Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual programmatic reporting documentation for state and federal reporting requirements for entry into state and federal reporting repositories.
• Assists CCBHC Project Director on an as-needed basis.
• Maintains program documents related to CCBHC planning grant and organizes information that is easily accessible.
• Keeps abreast of national and other state efforts to certify community behavioral health clinics.
• Implements PPS methods by attending content-specific webinars and other learning community meetings on a monthly as-needed basis.
• Attends CCBHC work group meetings and supports the work of the CCBHC Project Director during meetings on an as-needed basis.
• Works with assigned project evaluator to ensure continuous quality improvement processes during the course of a planning grant to ensure data collected is used to address service gaps and disparities.
• Coordinates receipt of monthly budget reports from service providers.
• Reviews for completeness and appropriate backup documentation prior to sending to CCBHC Project Director for approval.
• Tracks grant activities across service periods to ensure that performance is being made across all deliverables.
• Works with CCBHC national consultant to schedule and facilitate technical assistance.
• Follows up on provider TA calls during the CCBHC planning and implementation period.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and procedures.
• Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work activities in an independent manner.
• Ability to provide technical assistance to providers.
• Ability to utilize personal computer, internet resources, and software programs.
• Ability to express ideas clearly and in a concise manner, electronically, verbally, and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain contact with high-level officials and various other public agencies.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.