Alabama DMH / Mental Health Specialist IV (Provider Network Manager)
JOB TITLE: Mental Health Specialist IV (Provider Network Manager)
OPEN DATE: 2/3/2023
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB CODE: A6600
JOB LOCATION: Administrative Base* Department of Mental Health RSA Union Building 100 North Union Street Montgomery, AL 36130-1410
*Location to be determined – Will be housed at one of our current locations in Montgomery, Tuscaloosa, Birmingham, Mobile, or Decatur.
• Range 82 ($66,331.20 – $111,667.20 Annually).
• Salary will be commensurate with experience. Limitations apply to current State employees.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• Master’s degree in a human services field, Business Administration, or Public Administration.
• 60 months or more experience in administration or oversight of mental health community-based service provision.
• 24 months or more experience in an administrative or supervisory capacity.
• 24 months current permanent status as a Mental Health Specialist III with ADMH and experience as indicated above.
Human services field includes the following disciplines: Social Work, Psychology, Criminal/Juvenile Justice, Special Education, Sociology, Speech Education, Rehabilitation, Counseling, Speech Pathology, Audiology, Nursing, Physical or Occupational Therapy, and any related academic disciplines associated with the study of Human Behavior, Human Skill Development, or Basic Human Care Needs.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to work flexible hours, including before and after the established work hours.
• Ability to travel within the state of Alabama, that may include overnight stay and possible out-of-state travel.
KIND OF WORK
• Recruits and develops the contracted 1115 waiver provider network, to include development and monitoring of provider agreements and contracts.
• Maintains an internal database that tracks provider capacity.
• Develops Request for Proposals (RFPs) when gaps in the provider network are identified.
• Submits quarterly reports summarizing provider capacity to CWP Director to ensure compliance with the 1115 Waiver and participant choice, dignity, and full and integrated participation in the larger community.
• Collaborates with DDD executive staff and consultants to design, implement and evaluate the 1115 Waiver Provider Readiness Initiative, effectively utilizing allocated funding.
• Collaborates with the Director of System Transition and Waiver Development to develop and implement innovative policies, procedures, and guidance for the 1115 Waiver provider network.
• Collaborates with DDD certification and quality assurance staff to develop effective credentialing and quality improvement processes for potential 1115 Waiver service providers.
• Monitors contracted providers to ensure compliance with contractual requirements and federal and state standards and policies, including enrollments and completions of all training requirements to deliver waiver services.
• Works with the Director of System Transition and Waiver Development to prepare and maintain required records and reports requested by Alabama Medicaid, CMS, the Alabama Legislature, Governor’s office, as well as other entities directed by the Associate Commissioner for DDD.
• Provides documentation that the 1115 waiver program is achieving intended outcomes and that case management and service providers are meeting program requirements.
• Collaborates with audit staff in conducting audit functions related to the 1115 demonstration program in monitoring case management and direct service provider contracts, to monitor program outcomes, as well as utilize results for program improvements and overall management of contracted providers.
• Provides technical assistance to contractors regarding the 1115 waiver demonstration.
• Serves as ADMH and DDD representative in collaboration and engagement with external stakeholders.
• Conducts and participates in presentations and trainings.
• Participates in other special projects as assigned by the Director of System Transition and Waiver Development.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of the I/DD service delivery system.
• Knowledge of Medicaid Home and Community-Based services for persons with I/DD, including case management and effective/cost-effective provider service delivery models.
• Knowledge of federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and procedures pertaining to I/DD treatment services to include confidentiality, privacy, and other client right issues.
• Knowledge of evaluation and monitoring strategies and methodologies.
• Knowledge of continuous quality assessment and improvement strategies and of the distinction between compliance and quality.
• Knowledge of funding systems at the federal, state, and local levels.
• Knowledge of contract management and monitoring.
• Knowledge of and experience in working in/or with Medicaid or disability-related programs, particularly service providers.
• Knowledge of and experience in supporting persons with I/DD, person-centered practices, community inclusion, integrated employment, supported living, and self-directed services.
• Ability to maintain a strong work ethic, be self-motivated, and work well with teams.
• Ability to maintain accurate records and develop reports.
• Ability to supervise and evaluate the work of others.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, including ability to develop and implement policies, procedures, and guidance documents.
• Ability to effectively develop, organize, and conduct meetings, trainings, and workshops.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, while meeting timeframes/deadlines.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, individuals and their families, high-level staff, stakeholders, service providers, agencies, organizations, other state level staff, committees, and the public.
• Ability to use a personal computer, MS Office Software, and the internet.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.