Alabama DMH / MH Administrative Assistant VII
JOB TITLE: MH Administrative Assistant VII
OPEN DATE: 9/29/2023
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB LOCATION: Bryce Hospital, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
JOB CODE: G7000
• Range 68 ($35,793.60 – $59,865.60 Annually).
• Salary will be commensurate with experience. Limitations apply to current State employees.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• High school diploma or GED equivalency, preferably supplemented by courses in typing and/or business practice.
• 72 months or more responsible experience in office work including…
• 24 months or more experience in supervision or administrative matters requiring decision- making responsibility.
KIND OF WORK
• Coordinates the Facility Director’s schedule, arranges appointments, sets up meetings, schedules conference room, answers telephone, takes messages, makes travel arrangements, etc.
• Prepares committee agendas for the Facility Management Team and special meetings.
• Attends meetings, prepares minutes, and distributes appropriately.
• Plans and organizes work to include reading, sorting, and routing incoming mail and composing draft documents.
• Maintains confidential and pertinent data for the Facility Director.
• Maintains employee files of staff supervised by the Facility Director.
• Enters and retrieves data from personnel/payroll system.
• Communicates sensitive information with ADMH staff using various types of media.
• Demonstrates appropriate communication with staff, patients, and families.
• Screens telephone calls and visitors to the Facility Director’s office.
• Assists as a backup in the absence of ASA III for Risk Management in uploading investigations for review as completed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of general office practices, procedures, and equipment.
• Skilled in the use of a computer for both word processing and information retrieval.
• Ability to compose letters and other documents with only general instructions.
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
• Ability to manage and maintain confidential information.
• Ability to supervise the work of others.
• Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and present information in an orderly manner.
• Ability to utilize appropriate telephone etiquette, good listening skills, and good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to interact professionally with the public, employees, and patient’s family concerns.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.