Alabama DMH / MH Dietician I
JOB TITLE: MH Dietician I
OPEN DATE: 7/27/2022
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB LOCATION: Bryce Hospital Tuscaloosa, Alabama
JOB CODE: F1000
• Range 67 ($32,925.60 – $55,056.00 Annually)
• Salary will be commensurate with experience and State of Alabama Personnel guidelines.
• Other competitive promotional opportunities.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Continuous opportunities for acquiring CEU’s needed for maintaining professional license.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• Graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in dietetics, institutional or food service management.
• Eligibility for or registration by the American Dietetic Association.
KIND OF WORK
• Evaluate nutritional care of patients.
• Screen patients to determine level of nutritional risk.
• Assess nutritional status using biochemical indices, physical assessment, etc.
• Develop nutritional component of Master Care Plan.
• Complete timely reassessment for patients according to the patient’s plan of action.
• Monitor nutritional status of patient receiving total nutrition via tube feeding and make necessary adjustments.
• Attend all initial 10-day treatment planning conferences for development of Plan of Care.
• Actively participate in the Nutritional Services department’s performance improvement program.
• Ensure compliance with hospital standards.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of quality improvement.
• Knowledge of personal and food sanitation principles.
• Knowledge of diets, menu planning, and methods of food preparation.
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
• Ability to relate well to patients and staff.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.