Alabama DMH / MH Physician II
JOB TITLE: MH Physician II
OPEN DATE: 3/10/2023
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB LOCATION: Bryce Hospital Tuscaloosa, Alabama
JOB CODE: Z3000
• Range 89 ($111,667.20 – $187,924.80 Annually).
• Salary will be commensurate with experience. Limitations apply to current State employees.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Continuous opportunities for acquiring CEU’s needed for maintaining professional license.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• Graduation from an approved school of medicine followed by a residency approved by the American Medical Association or the American Osteopathic Association.
• Possession of a license as a physician as issued by the Alabama State Board of Medical Examiners.
KIND OF WORK
• Monitors patients’ status for medical/mental conditions.
• Evaluates patients and records information (history, physical, mental status, basic laboratory), following a proper medical practice.
• Writes documents following verbal and written instructions such as facility directives, JCAH and court–ordered standards, and the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual III, revised.
• Writes prescriptions and orders following verbal and written instructions such as facility policies and procedures, Joint Commission standards, and court-ordered standards.
• Attends meetings such as monthly medical staff, committee, Treatment Planning Conference, continuing medical education, morning report, patient reviews, and treatment team.
• Coordinates, instructs, and directs patient care in conjunction with nursing and ancillary services.
• Performs minor surgical and diagnostic procedures.
• Performs emergency medical evaluations and treatments using appropriate equipment, medicine, and techniques following verbal and written instructions (e.g., calls, proper medical emergency procedures, facility policies and procedures, Joint Commission standards, etc.).
• Provides written and verbal information concerning patient status to various agencies.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of physical diseases.
• Knowledge of anatomy/physiology.
• Knowledge of mental disorders.
• Knowledge of emergency interventions.
• Knowledge of medical equipment/supplies.
• Knowledge of pharmacology.
• Knowledge of infection controls and universal precautions.
• Ability to read and comprehend documents.
• Ability to make decisions.
• Ability to perform diagnostic/surgical techniques.
• Ability to interpret lab reports.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.