Alabama DMH / MH Security Officer II
JOB TITLE: MH Security Officer II
OPEN DATE: 5/19/2023
CLOSE DATE: 6/2/2023
JOB CODE: S3000
JOB LOCATION: Taylor Hardin Secure Medical Facility, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
• Range 71 ($37,785.60 – $63,175.20 Annually).
• Salary will be commensurate with experience. Limitations apply to current State employees.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• High School diploma or GED equivalency, supplemented by an approved course conducted by a police academy.
• 12 months or more recent experience of a responsible nature in police or security work.
• Must be certified as a law enforcement officer by the Alabama Peace Officer Standards and Training (APOST) Commission and current with all required training and education required by APOST.
• Must pass a physical agility exam as set by the department.
• Must be 21 years of age with high personal and moral standards and must have a clean police and work record.
• Possession of a valid Alabama Driver’s License is required.
KIND OF WORK
• Protects property and maintains the safety and security of the facility.
• Supervises police activities during the assigned shift.
• Safeguards facility property, patients, and employees against fire, theft, vandalism, and other hazards.
• Responds to emergencies and unexpected incidents.
• Receives verbal and written orders from a superior police officer or other facility officials.
• Complies with established laws, rules, and policies, as reviewed through reports, conferences, and accomplishments.
• Perform other related duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of NCIC procedures.
• Knowledge of security assessment information.
• Ability to work any assigned shift and overtime.
• Ability to maintain firearms qualifications.
• Ability to organize, plan and implement work in an independent manner.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.