Alabama DMH / Nurse Educator
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – REANNOUNCEMENT
JOB TITLE: Nurse Educator
OPEN DATE: 8/5/2022
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB LOCATION: Taylor Hardin Secure Medical Facility Tuscaloosa, Alabama
JOB CODE: N4000
• Range 76 ($46,442.40 – $77,892.00 Annually).
• Salary will be commensurate with experience and State of Alabama Personnel guidelines.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Continuous opportunities for acquiring CE’s needed for maintaining professional license.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
• 24 months or more experience in developing, delivering, and/or evaluation training programs. OR
• Associate’s degree in Nursing.
• 48 months or more experience in developing, delivering, and/or evaluation training programs.
• Preference will be given for experience in the mental health field.
• Possession of a certificate of registration to practice nursing as issued by the Alabama Board of Nursing.
KIND OF WORK
• Responsible administrative work in the field of employee training and development at a mental health facility.
• Assist with needs assessment, planning, and development of training for new employees and annual mandatory training for all existing staff, with a heavy focus on nursing services staff.
• Select participants for training courses, scheduling courses, selecting and arranging training locations, and selecting materials, speakers, and training aids.
• Provide training ad instruction in accordance with the Department of Mental Health’s policies and philosophy to meet identified learning needs.
• Supervision may be exercised over employees performing specialized assignments.
• Assist with coordinating and facilitating staff development training activities.
• Identify and develop training programs that provide continuing education units for all disciplines.
• Conduct new employee orientation.
• Conduct annual mandatory trainings for licensed and non-licensed staff that meets patient care needs.
• Maintain training data to track evidence of meeting competencies and continuing education requirements.
• Develop and deliver structured online education programs through the Relias Learning Management System.
• Serve on the Staff Development Committee and other various committees as needed.
• Ensure compliance with Joint commission, CMS, and hospital standards.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge and understanding of the organizational components that compose a comprehensive staff development program.
• Knowledge of staff training and development, to include employee onboarding, needs assessment, and instructional design.
• Knowledge of and ability to assess and identify staff education and training needs.
• Knowledge of continuing education credits, accreditation, board certification standards, and licensure.
• Knowledge of and ability to establish and maintain required documentation of staff training activities.
• Knowledge of Joint Commission and CMS standards, applicable to staff training, and education activities.
• Ability to plan, organize, implement, and coordinate staff education classes.
• Ability to utilize the computer and perform computer operations to enter staff training data, develop training material, create spreadsheets, compose reports, and maintain training records.
• Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with all disciplines.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.