Alabama DMH / Nurse Practitioner (Psychiatric)
JOB TITLE: Nurse Practitioner (Psychiatric)
OPEN DATE: 9/15/2023
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB LOCATION: Bryce Hospital Tuscaloosa, Alabama
JOB CODE: N6200
• Minimum starting Salary: $82,700.
Includes Minimum Base Pay of $78,549.60 with additional $2.00 per hour MH Direct Care Premium Pay
• Minimum Salary will be commensurate with experience. Limitations apply to current State employees.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Continuous opportunities for acquiring CEU’s needed for maintaining professional license.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• Graduation with a Master’s Degree or higher advanced degree in Nursing, with a clinical specialty in the appropriate area of practice. Must have successfully completed a Nurse Practitioner program recognized and approved by the Alabama Board of Nursing.
• Possession of a current advanced practice nursing certification as a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (CRNP) granted by the Alabama Board of Nursing in the clinical specialty appropriate with the area of practice.
KIND OF WORK
• Obtains a comprehensive psychiatric history and records findings upon admission.
• Completes mental status exam, psychiatric evaluation, treatment plans, suicide/violence risk screening, and progress notes.
• Orders, performs, where indicated, and interprets screening and diagnostic procedures/tests in collaboration with physicians.
• Develops and implements plans of care, including differential diagnosis and treatment options.
• Implements emergency protocols as needed.
• Writes and transcribes orders for medications and treatments.
• Collaborates with other members of the treatment team.
• Participates in the development, utilization, and revision of practice guidelines.
• Co-manages care for patients with selected health complications, in collaboration with the physician.
• Arranges referrals to other community resources and members of the health care team as appropriate.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of general and specific psychiatric/medical diagnoses and treatment specific to the population served.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of clinical assessment, common health problems, mental health issues, clinical consultation, and continuity of patient care.
• Knowledge of common medications/pharmaceutical treatments and their interactions.
• Knowledge of basic laboratory work and radiological tests.
• Ability to work effectively with the population served.
• Ability to respond well to emergencies in a stressful environment and handle potentially volatile situations in a calm, decisive manner.
• Ability to develop and interpret medical and psychiatric histories, conduct psychiatric assessments, and evaluate client behavior.
• Ability to develop accurate and concise reports.
• Ability to document and manage client file information in a complete and accurate manner.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.