Alabama DMH / Personnel Specialist II
JOB TITLE: Personnel Specialist II
OPEN DATE: 03/31/2023
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB LOCATION: Taylor Hardin Secure Medical Facility Tuscaloosa, Alabama
JOB CODE: H2000
• Range 68 ($35,092.80 – $58,692.00 Annually).
• Salary will be commensurate with experience. Limitations apply to current State employees.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• Bachelor’s degree in human resource management, business administration, public administration, or a related field.
• 12 months or more experience performing technical work in the area of human resource management in a state agency or equivalent personnel office setting;
• High School Diploma or GED equivalency, preferably supplemented with courses in personnel, business, or public administration.
• 60 months or more experience performing technical work in the area of human resource management in a state agency or equivalent personnel office setting.
KIND OF WORK
• Assists in the coordination of activities involving recruitment, selection, placement, classification and pay, personnel transactions, certifications, and new employee processing.
• Enters and retrieves data from personnel and payroll system.
• Assists with maintaining or supervising the maintenance of department personnel records, files, performance appraisals, etc.
• Provides advice and interpretation of State Personnel Board Rules, and departmental rules and regulations.
• Initiates correspondence with applicants, employees, and others seeking employment with the facility.
• Assists with preparing job announcements.
• Assists with reviewing applications to determine if education and experience meet the minimum qualifications of positions.
• Schedules and assists in conducting interviews of candidates.
• Provides technical assistance as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of federal and state laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to human resource management.
• Knowledge of State Personnel policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of employment selection processes and procedures.
• Knowledge of and ability to use various computer software programs.
• Ability to conduct interviews.
• Ability to interpret and apply a variety of policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Ability to gather and analyze facts to recommend solutions.
• Ability to work effectively with various individuals, including officials, supervisors, employees, applicants, and the public.
• Ability to analyze situations and exercise good judgment in solving problems.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work independently.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.