Alabama DMH / Physician IV (Medical Director)
JOB TITLE: Physician IV (Medical Director)
OPEN DATE: 08/18/2023
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB LOCATION: Mary Starke Harper Geriatric Psychiatry Center Tuscaloosa, Alabama
JOB CODE: Z5000
• Range 93 ($153,429.60 – $258,223.20 Annually).
▪ This amount reflects the cost-of-living adjustment effective 09/01/2023.
• Salary will be commensurate with experience. Limitations apply to current State employees.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Continuous opportunities for acquiring CE’s needed for maintaining professional license.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• Graduation from an approved school of medicine supplemented by completion of an internship and residency approved by the American Medical Association.
• 48 months or more clinical experience in the healthcare field, including…
• 24 months or more experience in a supervisory or administrative capacity.
• Preference may be given to applicants with experience in a mental health setting.
• Possession of a license as a physician as issued by the Alabama State Board of Medical Examiners. Eligibility or possession of a certificate as a diplomat of a specialty board established by the American Medical Association.
KIND OF WORK
• Coordinates, instructs, and directs patient care in conjunction with nursing and ancillary services such as dietary, mental health workers, lab, and physical therapy using patients’ charts, reports, telephone, in-service training, and face-to-face contact.
• Attends meetings such as monthly medical staff committee, Treatment Planning Conference, continuing medical education, morning report, patient reviews, and treatment team using patients’ charts, audiovisual aids, reference materials, and collected data.
• Writes documents such as hospitalization summaries, treatment plans, autopsy consents, progress notes, death certificates, summaries, accident reports, and operational planning reports using patients’ charts and appropriate forms.
• Monitors patients’ status for medical conditions such as cardiovascular problems, nutrition, seizures, endocrinology, infections, and medication using observed behavioral changes, computer products, abnormal physical findings, patients’ complaints, nurses’ notes, and lab reports.
• Provides written and verbal information concerning patient status to various agencies such as courts, SSI, other mental health facilities, hospitals, insurance companies, nursing homes, and patients’ families using patients’ charts, forms, telephone, letters, mail service, and release information forms following verbal and written instructions such as court orders, Joint Commission standards, legal requirements, privacy act/confidentiality, and AMA ethical codes and requests.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of physical diseases.
• Knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
• Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner, verbally and in writing.
• Ability to make decisions.
• Ability to perform diagnostic and surgical techniques.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.