Alabama DMH / Psychological Associate II
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – REANNOUNCEMENT
JOB TITLE: Psychological Associate II
OPEN DATE: 8/12/2022
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB LOCATION: Taylor Hardin Secure Medical Facility Tuscaloosa, Alabama
JOB CODE: P3000
• Range 72 ($38,138.40 – $63,780.00 Annually).
• Salary will be commensurate with experience and State of Alabama Personnel guidelines.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Continuous opportunities for acquiring CE’s needed for maintaining professional license.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master’s degree in Psychology, Counseling, or Behavior Analysis.
• 12 months or more directly related work experience.
KIND OF WORK
• Provide direct patient care by conducting age-appropriate individual and group therapy sessions.
• Perform patient assessments and supplying information to treatment teams under the supervision of a Doctoral-level Psychologist.
• Monitor and recommend activities to ensure adequate active treatment that would meet
Joint Commission and other regulatory standards.
• Participate in treatment planning for forensic patients.
• Provide appropriate documentation of clinical activities (e.g., psychological assessments, psychological discharge summaries, monitoring forms, and service provision records) within applicable time frames.
• Participate in unit and department committees and activities including daily morning report.
• Participate in mandatory in-service training, as well as required professional development in-service training.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor and Facility Director that are necessary to the effective operations of the facility.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge and skills in psychological testing and evaluations.
• Knowledge of Joint Commission Standards.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to make good decisions.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.