Alabama DMH / Psychologist II (Mental Illness Option)
JOB TITLE: Psychologist II (Mental Illness Option)
OPEN DATE: 11/09/2023
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB LOCATION: Taylor Hardin Secure Medical Facility Tuscaloosa, Alabama
JOB CODE: P5000
• Range 83 ($72,840.00 – $122,846.40 Annually).
• Salary will be commensurate with experience. Limitations apply to current State employees.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Continuous opportunities for acquiring CE’s needed for maintaining professional license.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
• Doctorate degree in Psychology.
• 24 months or more experience in the delivery of psychological services.
• Possession of or eligibility for licensure as a Psychologist as issued by the Alabama Board of Examiners in Psychology. Failure to obtain licensure within one year will result in separation from employment.
KIND OF WORK
• Completes psychological assessments, violent behavior assessments, behavioral assessments, risk assessments, and other psychological assessments and/or testing.
• Provides and supervises individual and group psychotherapy to patients.
• Develops and provides input into treatment management plans, referrals, and interventions.
• Attends and participates in assigned committee meetings, in-services, and continuing education.
• Provides clinical supervision to psychology students.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of treatment strategies, various diagnostic disorders and categories, psychological assessment instruments, and conflict intervention techniques.
• Ability to interact with patients, families, and other professionals in a courteous and professional manner.
• Ability to make clinical assessments and decisions, conduct therapy, and supervise subordinates.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to use a personal computer and various software programs.
• Ability to ensure compliance with hospital standards.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.