Alabama DMH / Recreation Activity Specialist I
JOB TITLE: Recreation Activity Specialist I
OPEN DATE: 11/03/2023
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB LOCATION: Bryce Hospital Tuscaloosa, Alabama
JOB CODE: J1000
• Range 66 ($34,048.80 – $56,971.20 Annually).
• Salary will be commensurate with experience. Limitations apply to current State employees.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Continuous opportunities for acquiring CEU’s needed for maintaining professional license.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• Bachelor’s degree in therapeutic recreation, recreation or a closely related field.
• High School Education or GED equivalent.
• 48 months or more experience in recreation, physical education, or therapeutic activities.
KIND OF WORK
• Plans, organizes, and implements therapeutic activities for adult patients.
• Writes and updates Individualized Treatment Plans for all assigned patients.
• Attends Treatment Planning Conferences (TPC) and team reviews, and confers with treatment team members/staff regarding patient’s progress, incidents, and documentation.
• Assists staff with coverage for TPC meetings, day treatment, and activities.
• Assists with planning, organizing, and implementing departmental activities and special events for adult patients.
• Attends morning meetings, departmental meetings, and mandatory training.
• Documents weekly progress notes promptly.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of the basic theories and practices of the therapeutic use of various activities.
• Knowledge of the nature and specifications for equipment and supplies needed for the assigned activities program and their proper care and maintenance.
• Knowledge of theory and practices of mental hygiene.
• Ability to utilize professional data in planning and evaluating activity programs and to adapt and implement such programs as required.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.