Alabama DMH / Registered Nurse III (3pm – 11pm shift)
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse III (3pm – 11pm shift)
OPEN DATE: 09/15/2023
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB LOCATION: Taylor Hardin Secure Medical Facility, 1301 Jack Warner Parkway NE, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
JOB CODE: N4500
• Minimum Starting Salary: $73,486.00.
Includes Minimum Base Pay of $69,331.20 with an additional $2.00 per hour MH Direct Care Premium Pay.
• Minimum Salary will be commensurate with experience. Limitations apply to current State Employees.
• $2.00 Per Hour Shift Differential for Evening & Night Work.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Continuous opportunities for acquiring CEU’s needed for maintaining professional license.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and four (4) years’ experience as RN, including two (2) years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
• Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in nursing and three (3) years’ experience as and RN, including two (2) years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
• Graduation from a four-year college or university with a Master’s Degree in Nursing, including one (1) year experience in a supervisory capacity.
• Possession of current licensure as a Registered Nurse as issued by the Alabama Board of Nursing.
KIND OF WORK
• Serves as a house supervisor, facilitating quality patient care in accordance with age-specific concerns through timely patient assessment as needed and on a routine basis, and appropriate intervention.
• Maintain adequate staffing in accordance with Nursing, Facility, and Departmental policies.
• Grants appropriate leave in a timely manner.
• Provides timely, consistent staff supervision.
• Initiates appropriate responses to issues that arise and takes corrective action when needed.
• Ensures nursing groups are held as scheduled.
• Facilitates shift-specific training as needed.
• Ensures appropriate supervision during crisis situations.
• Attends and participates in facility meetings and committees as assigned.
• Performs other related duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge, skills, and ability to recognize medical and psychiatric emergencies.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Ability to interact with various types of people in delicate, frustrating, or tense situations.
• Ability to act independently, to take charge, and to take moderate risks in situations not covered by existing procedures.
• Ability to provide client care utilizing nursing processes, standards of care, and nursing plans of care.
• Ability to supervise the work of others.
• Ability to make decisions as needed, evaluate the effectiveness of treatment and training programs, and establish priorities.
• Ability to operate medical equipment.
• Ability to provide education to patients and staff.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER