Alabama DMH / Registered Nurse V (Director of Nursing)
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – REVISED
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse V (Director of Nursing)
OPEN DATE: 8/19/2022
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB LOCATION: Taylor Hardin Secure Medical Facility Tuscaloosa, Alabama
JOB CODE: N6000
• Range 83 ($68,666.40 – $115,804.80 Annually).
• Salary will be commensurate with experience and State of Alabama Personnel guidelines.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Continuous opportunities for acquiring CE’s needed for maintaining professional license.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• Master’s Degree in nursing.
• 48 months or more experience as a Psychiatric/Mental Health Registered Nurse, including…
• 24 months or more in a supervisory or administrative capacity.
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing and a written plan to obtain the Master’s Degree in nursing.
• 72 months or more experience as a Psychiatric/Mental Health Registered Nurse, including…
• 48 months or more experience in a supervisory or administrative capacity.
• Possession of a certificate of registration to practice nursing as issued by the Alabama Board of Nursing.
KIND OF WORK
• Supervises nursing staff in the performance of their duties to ensure quality nursing care is provided in a safe and secure environment.
• Monitors quality of care and ensures that professional standards are met.
• Establish standards of nursing care and practice; develop and revise plan for nursing care as needed.
• Directs, manages, and represents nursing as a viable component of the facility by promoting the philosophy and objectives of the facility.
• Functions as administrator-on-call as assigned and assumes responsibility for nursing services 24 hours a day.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge, skills, and ability to recognize medical and psychiatric emergencies.
• Ability to deal with many types of people in delicate, frustrating, or tense situations.
• Ability to act independently, take charge, and take moderate risks in situations not covered by existing procedures.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Ability to provide client care utilizing nursing processes, standards of care, and nursing plans of care.
• Ability to supervise the work of others.
• Ability to make decisions as needed, evaluate effectiveness of treatment programs, and establish priorities.
• Ability to operate medical equipment.
• Ability to provide education to patients and staff.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.