Alabama DMH / Safety Officer I
JOB TITLE: Safety Officer I
OPEN DATE: 10/21/2022
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB LOCATION: Taylor Hardin Secure Medical Facility Tuscaloosa, Alabama
JOB CODE: S6000
• Range 68 ($35,092.60- $58,692.00 Annually).
• Salary will be commensurate with experience and State of Alabama Personnel guidelines.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Continuous opportunities for acquiring CE’s needed for maintaining professional license.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• High school diploma or GED equivalency.
• 24 months or more experience as a fire fighter, enforcement officer, building inspector, safety officer, or in a hospital setting enforcing environment of care with respect to fire and safety issues.
• 12 months or more experience working with NFPA Life Safety Code and knowledge of fire prevention.
KIND OF WORK
• Organizes, manages, and directs the hospital safety program.
• Conducts routine inspection of facility buildings, safety equipment and grounds to ensure all environment of care standards are met.
• Identifies and reports hazardous conditions for patients and employees taking appropriate and timely corrective action that minimizes risk to persons and property.
• Trains employees on safety issues, policies and procedures, and safety regulations.
• Conducts fire and disaster drills at the facility.
• Documents data regarding facility safety issues to ensure appropriate corrective measures are applied.
• Prepares appropriate safety reports.
• Ensures necessary records are prepared and maintained according to established guidelines.
• Directs and participates on various hospital committees.
• Enters incident reports into database system as needed/required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge, skill, and ability to recognize medical and psychiatric emergencies.
• Knowledge of the NFPA Life Safety Codes.
• Knowledge of Environment of care Standards.
• Knowledge of JCAHO and CMS standards.
• Knowledge of fire safety and prevention practices.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to instruct staff on fire and safety procedures and practices.
• Ability to interpret and enforce regulations.
• Ability to interact with various officials, professional associates, private contractors, vendors, and hospital department heads in an effective and professional manner.
• Ability to effectively utilize a PC and various business software.
• Ability to manage and participate on required hospital committees.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.