Alabama DMH / Safety Officer I
JOB TITLE: Safety Officer I
OPEN DATE: 09/30/2022
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB LOCATION: Mary Starke Harper Geriatric Psychiatry Center Tuscaloosa, Alabama
JOB CODE: S6000
• Range 68 ($35,092.80 – $58,692.00 Annually).
• Salary will be commensurate with experience. Limitations apply to current State employees.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Continuous opportunities for acquiring CE’s needed for maintaining professional license.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• High school diploma or GED equivalency.
• 24 months or more experience as a fire fighter, enforcement officer, building inspector, safety officer, or in a hospital setting enforcing environment of care with respect to fire and safety issues.
• 12 months or more experience working with NFPA Life Safety Code and knowledge of fire prevention.
KIND OF WORK
• Performs routine inspection work in the field of facility fire and safety of all buildings and grounds to ensure all environment of care standards are met.
• Conducts fire drills.
• Teaches employees in fire and safety classes, and trains on the policies, procedures and regulations pertaining to employee and patient safety.
• Provides incident report data and ensures appropriate actions are taken to resolve the matter.
• Ensures compliance with federal and state health and safety regulations.
• Prepares and maintains records according to established guidelines.
• Responsible for the coordination of contractors and supervision of security staff at the facility.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of fire safety and prevention.
• Knowledge of the rules, regulations, and laws pertaining to hospital safety.
• Ability to teach fire and safety procedures.
• Ability to interpret and enforce regulations.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.