North Carolina DHHS / Physician Manager-Murdoch Developmental Center
State of North Carolina
Physician Manager-Murdoch Developmental Center
SALARY $158,244.00 – $316,489.00 Annually
LOCATION Granville County, NC
JOB TYPE Permanent Full-Time
JOB NUMBER 23-11648
DEPARTMENT Dept of Health and Human Services
DIVISION Murdoch Developmental Center
OPENING DATE 09/18/2023
CLOSING DATE Continuous
JOB CLASS TITLE Physician Manger
WORK LOCATION Butner, Granville County
POSITION NUMBER 60050813
SALARY GRADE MH27
Description of Work
***This is a repost. Previous applicants DO NOT need to reapply to be considered for position**
Murdoch Developmental Center (MDC) is currently recruiting for a Physician Manager of our Physician Services Department. The position is in the Health Services Department at Murdoch Developmental Center and is responsible for the coordination of all medical services for approximately 350 individuals with acute and chronic medical and/or behavioral needs. Murdoch follows Intermediate Care Facility (ICF) operational criteria for federal and state funding. No fee-for-service billing.
At MDC, medical providers care for acute and chronic illnesses, occasional injuries, perform annual physical examinations and quarterly medication reviews, refer to specialist as appropriate, and collaborate/participate on interdisciplinary medical and behavioral treatment teams. Communication with guardians is important. Colleagues freely consult with one another. Additional Physician Manager duties include but are not limited to:
- Serving on various departmental center wide committees (e.g., Co-chair of Pharmacy and Therapeutics; Immunization Subcommittee; Emergency Intervention). Also serves on the decision-making panel for alternative medication use.
- Overseeing the day-to-day activities of physicians, including the scheduling, and assigning of physicians to provide optimal health care delivery 24 hours per day to those who live at MDC, as well as to employees with on-the-job-injuries.
- Ensures compliance with professional standards, Center policies and procedures, Federal and State Laws and Regulations and ICF/ID Regulations.
- Primary supervisor of physician extenders providing primary care.
Work hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with after-hours coverage on a rotating schedule via telephone.
Murdoch Developmental Center is less than 30 miles from Raleigh, downtown Chapel Hill and Durham, and less than 20 miles from two medical centers. Individual cottages provide a tender, peaceful home where staff strive to enhance the wellbeing of people served with intellectual and developmental disabilities. There is a low patient to physician ratio, with support from on-site pharmacy, dentistry, physical and occupational therapy, dietary, social work, mental health, and 24-hour registered nursing. Workflow depends on the needs of those we support.
Employment with the state of North Carolina provides malpractice insurance, health insurance, paid leave, retirement eligibility, longevity bonuses and CME session opportunities, etc. Please click on the link below for details on state employment benefits.
About Murdoch Developmental Center:
Murdoch Developmental Center is a 24/7 state residential facility located in Butner, NC, near the Research Triangle area. Murdoch serves individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities (I/DD). Murdoch is a caring community where professionals work with people of various ages, cognitive and functional abilities. To be considered for employment, applicants must be in good standing with the North Carolina Health Care Personnel Registry.
To learn more about Murdoch Developmental Center, click the link to watch the video below: https://vimeo.com/268881255
ALL employees of Murdoch Center are designated as ESSENTIAL for adverse weather and emergency events.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
To receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified applicants must document on the application that they possess all of the following:
- Thorough knowledge of the theory, principles, and recent developments in the field of medicine and medical practice guidelines, with the ability to analyze and solve difficult problems.
- License to practice medicine in the state of NC and one year of experience as a Primary Care Physician.
- Ability to plan, assign, organize and supervise comprehensive medical services.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interpret and act upon results of lab tests, X-rays, ECG’s and other pertinent clinical data.
- Ability to make appropriate referrals to outside consultants.
- Accurate and timely charting.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the family/parents/guardians of those who live at MDC.
- Ethical adherence to safe medical practices.
- Prompt and appropriate assessment/treatment of emergency situations.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible for Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Med Pediatrics.
- Experience in Pediatrics and Orthopedics.
- Experience with patients with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Knowledge and application of ICF/IID regulations that govern facility operations.
- Experience as an interdisciplinary team member in developing person-centered medical care plans.
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state of North Carolina and one year of experience.
Special Note: This is a generalized representation of positions in this class and is not intended to identify essential functions per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Examples of work are primarily essential functions of the majority of positions in this class, but may not be applicable to all positions.
Supplemental and Contact Information
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Positions in the Division of State Operated Healthcare Facilities shall be subject to pre-employment drug testing and criminal record background checks. Also, the use of tobacco products of any kind including vapor products are prohibited from our campuses. All employees are required to adhere to the facility’s Vaccination Policy.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of yourapplication over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account. You will either receive a call to schedule an interview or an email notifying you when the job has been filled.
For technical issues with your application, please call the NeoGov Help Line at
855-524-5627. Applicants will be communicated with via email only for updates on the status of their application. If there are any questions about this posting other than your application status, please contact HR at 919-575-1015.
Agency State of North Carolina
Address NOTE: Apply to the department listed on posting
An Equal Opportunity Employer, North Carolina, State Government
Physician Manager-Murdoch Developmental Center Supplemental Questionnaire
It is critical to our screening process that your application reflect accurate and detailed information to support your work history to determine qualifications. I UNDERSTAND that DHHS requires a complete descriptive work history with all employment experience detailed to be considered for employment. I have included all of this information within myapplication.(NOTE: AN ATTACHED RESUME DOES NOT SATISFY THE REQUIREMENT OF COMPLETING THE APPLICATION.) Applications that are incomplete or lack sufficient information to evaluate will be considered incomplete and will not be considered. If you haven’t completed the application requirements, please return to your application to finish it before submitting your application.) Have you reviewed your application to ensure that your work experience is detailed, accurate and complete?
Are you Licensed to practice medicine in the state of North Carolina?
Pending NC License
Licensed to practice medicine in another state
NC Licensed to practice medicine
Where did you learn about DHHS or this opportunity?
Company or OSHR Website
Conference / Career Fair
Professional Association or Industry-specific job board
NC Nursing Board email
Other General Job Boards
Other Search Engines
Other Social Media
TV / Radio
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.