CMS Releases Resources in Multiple Languages
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Office of Minority Health (CMS/OMH) has released updated Coverage to Care (C2C) resources in additional languages to help consumers understand their health coverage and receive needed primary care and preventative services. Updated resources include the Roadmap to Better Care, Roadmap to Behavioral Health, Prevention Flyers, and more.
The following resources are now available on the C2C website:
• Roadmap to Better Care – Explains basics of health care coverage and how to receive primary care and preventive services To complement the Roadmap to Better Care, four supplemental materials were developed to help explain the important components into more digestible pieces.
• Roadmap to Behavioral Health – Serves as a companion guide for mental health and substance use service, to be used in conjunction with the Roadmap to Better Care.
• Getting the Care You Need: Guide for People with Disabilities – Provides information to ensure that people with disabilities understand their rights so that they receive equal access to quality health care services.
• Managing Diabetes: Coverage & Resources – Includes tips to help patients manage diabetes, as well as information on Marketplace and Medicare coverage.
• Preventive Services Flyers – Outlines services available at no cost under most health coverage.
• Prevention: Put Your Health First Tabloid – Describes how to put your health first. FMI: The resources are all available at https://www.cms.gov/about-cms/agency-information/omh/health-equity-programs/c2c/consumer-resources <https://www.cms.gov/about-cms/agency-information/omh/health-equity-programs/c2c/consumer-resources