The Cathy Anderson Award for Public-Private Partnership honors Cathy Anderson’s legacy and lifetime achievements of improving the lives of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) across our nation and is offered as a partnership between the National Association of State Directors of Developmental Disabilities Services (NASDDDS) and Public Consulting Group (PCG).The Award is intended to spotlight strong public-private partnerships that improve the lives of people with disabilities, for example, through increased community integration and improved employment opportunities.
The Award will be made up to annually. NASDDDs and PCG request that nominations are made in accordance with the following criteria:
- The partnership is nominated by the state director of disability services/IDD
- The partnership includes a state or local government entity partnered with a private, non-governmental organization or business
- The public-private partnership is more extensive than simply contracting government services. For example, it may include shared funding responsibilities and partners coming together as equal parties, rather than one being subordinate or it may include a private entity partnering with a public entity for a collective effort (i.e., ensuring opportunities for competitive, integrated employment for individuals with I/DD or the development of affordable accessible housing options)
- The partnership was in place during the award calendar year (see below)
- The partnership is active at time of nomination (or benefits from the partnership are still active)
- The service, program, or activities undertaken by the partnership are in alignment with NASDDDS’ and Cathy’s vision of meaningful community integration, living a good life, and person-centeredness
- The partnership serves as a model for other states
The call for applications will be issued in January of each year for the previous calendar year. The awardee will be notified prior to the NASDDDS Mid-Year Conference occurring each year in June and awarded at the event. Questions and completed applications should be directed to Carrie McGraw at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to the 2022 Award Winner: The New Mexico Advisory Council on Quality