Despite long held beliefs that people with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities (IDD) may not benefit from mental health treatment, we know that people with I/DD can successfully utilize integrated medical and mental and behavioral healthcare (Ervin, Williams, and Merrick, 2014). To that end, on behalf of Louisiana’s Office for Citizens with Developmental Disabilities, we offer briefs which outline modifications to personalize traditional mental health treatments for persons with I/DD.
Targeted to mental health practitioners, we hope that these briefs will be shared far and wide to effectively improve outcomes particularly for those people with I/DD and co-occurring mental health conditions.
- Adaptations to Assertive Community Treatment for IDD
- Adaptations to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for IDD
- Adaptations to Dialectical Behavior Therapy for IDD
- Adaptations to Positive Parenting Program for IDD
- Adaptations to Trauma Focused CBT for IDD
- Adaptions to EMDR for IDD
- Adaptions to Multisystemic Therapy for IDD