Key National Policy Activities Include:
- Working with elected and appointed federal officials to ensure that the views of the membership are fully considered in the formulation of national policies;
- Preparing written comments on federal regulations and administrative policies;
- Participating in federal work groups, task forces and advisory committees;
- Disseminating information in real time for members to stay on top of developments in the field; and,
- Presenting testimony before Congressional committees on legislation affecting state intellectual/developmental disabilities programs.
National Policy Work Group
NASDDDS maintains a National Policy Work Group (NPWG), made up of a chairperson and eight member state directors. This work group assists the Board of Directors and staff in formulating association positions on national policy issues of significance to state I/DD agencies. The work group meets in conjunction with membership meetings and convenes virtually on a bimonthly basis.
For information about the National Policy Work Group contact Dan Berland, Director of Federal Policy at email@example.com.
NASDDDS continually monitors national policy developments and initiatives affecting persons with intellectual/developmental disabilities and the programs that serve them.
Federal News Briefs — a weekly digest that covers federal policy and program initiatives available only to state members via the ListServ.
Federal Perspectives — the only newsletter reporting on federal policy developments as they affect programmatic initiatives for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities available to state agency members at no cost. If you are a state agency member and want to join the NASDDDS ListServ to receive the NASDDDS newsletters and other postings, please email karol snyder.