Alabama DMH / Registered Nurse I
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse I
OPEN DATE: 08/04/2023
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
JOB LOCATION: Bryce Hospital Tuscaloosa, Alabama
JOB CODE: N2500
• Minimum Starting Salary: $60,015.20
Includes Minimum Base Pay of $55,855.20 with an additional $2.00 per hour MH Direct Care Premium Pay.
• Minimum Salary will be commensurate with experience. Limitations apply to current State employees.
• Minimum Salary at 24 months with time-in-class promotion to RN I Senior: $67,335.20
Includes Minimum Base Pay of $63,175.20 with an additional $2.00 per hour MH Direct Care Premium Pay.
• $2.00 per hour Alternate Shift Pay for Evening & Night Work.
• 12 paid holidays.
• 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
• 13 sick leave days.
• 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
• Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
• Continuous opportunities for acquiring CEU’s needed for maintaining professional license.
• Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board.
• Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
▪ After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
• Graduation from an accredited school of nursing or graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in Nursing.
• Possession of a certificate of registration to practice nursing as issued by the Alabama Board of Nursing.
KIND OF WORK
• Promotes a program environment conducive to patient stabilization and growth.
• Completes assessments of patients.
• Plans an effective therapeutic program for patients.
• Develops and implements patient care plans.
• Supervises the program staff.
• Demonstrates appropriate communication with patients and families.
• Monitors the environment for safety.
• Communicates patient data to appropriate team members.
• Participates in meetings, staff development training, and continuing education opportunities as required.
• Administers medication and treatment as prescribed.
• Provides basic direct patient care.
• Ensures compliance with hospital standards.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge, skills, and ability to recognize medical and psychiatric emergencies.
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
• Ability to interact with various types of people in delicate, frustrating, or tense situations.
• Ability to make independent decisions and take moderate risks in situations not covered by existing procedures.
• Ability to provide care utilizing nursing processes, standards of care, and nursing plans of care.
• Ability to supervise the work of others.
• Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of treatment and training programs and establish priorities.
• Ability to operate medical equipment.
• Ability to provide education to patients.
METHOD OF SELECTION
• Applicants will be rated based on an evaluation of their job-related training, abilities, experience, and education, and should provide adequate work history identifying experiences related to the duties and minimum qualifications as mentioned above.
• All relevant information is subject to verification.
• Drug screening and security clearances will be conducted on prospective applicants being given serious consideration for employment whose job requires direct contact with patients.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://laserfiche.alabama.gov/Forms/ADMH-Job-Application
Only work experience detailed on the application will be considered. Applications should be submitted by the deadline to be considered. Announcements open until filled will remain open until a sufficient applicant pool is obtained. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure the application will be considered for the position. Copies of License/Certifications should be uploaded with your application. A copy of the academic transcript is required. Appointment of successful candidate will be conditional based on receipt of the official transcript provided by the school, college, or university.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.alabama.gov.